This one-tray bake is simple and sure to please!
This vegetable bake is great served as a vegetarian main dish or a hearty side dish. It is also wonderful chilled and served over salad greens the next day. I like to use the veggies that I have on hand so each time the dish is a little different.
Chef Kate TIP: You can cut the veggies any way you like, but they need to be similar sizes so they all finish cooking at the same time. If using potatoes or sweet potatoes cut them in thin slices so they finish cooking at the same time as the other softer veggies like zucchini, capsicum, tomatoes and onions.
Try sprinkling this vegetable bake with a little Parmesan cheese about 10 minutes before the veggies have finished baking.
NOTE: You can use any combination of veggies you like. Here are a few suggestions to get you started in addition to the ones in the recipe you could try adding some of these: eggplant, pumpkin, and/or sweet potato (cut pumpkin or sweet potato in thin slices or smaller cubes). You’ll need enough veggies to cover a large baking dish, but don’t crowd them to ensure they bake properly.
Oregano oil is one of the stronger flavoured oils and a little goes along way so use one drop or the toothpick method.
Toothpick Method: Dip a toothpick in the bottle of oil and then swirl it in the dish and mix in well and taste. If you desire more of the oil’s flavour repeat using a new toothpick each time until you are happy with the amount. For this recipe you dip the toothpick in the oregano oil then swirl it into the melted coconut oil before adding it to the veggies.
Prep Time: 20 minutes Servings: 4-6 people Cook Time: 40 minutes Total Time: 1 hour Category: At Home, Recipes Cuisine: Vegetarian
1 potato, cut in thin slices
1 – 2 zucchini, cut in 4 lengthwise pieces or large chunks
1 large onion, cut in slices or quarters
1 capsicum, cut in large pieces
10 – 15 cherry tomatoes or 2 tomatoes, cut in large pieces
2 – 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
1 drop Young Living oregano essential oil (see note, to taste)
¼ tsp dried oregano or thyme leaves (optional)
Sea salt and freshly ground pepper (to taste)
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Prep your veggies by peeling the ones that need it and then thinly slice the potato and cut the rest of the veggies lengthwise approx. 4 pieces or large chunks. Leave the cherry tomatoes whole, if using these.
2. Once the veggies are prepped, place them in a large bowl. Then add the oregano oil to the melted coconut oil and stir to mix in. Pour the coconut oil/oregano oil mixture over the veggies and sprinkle them generously with sea salt, pepper and the dried oregano, if using.
3. Gently mix to coat well.
4. Place the veggies in the baking dish and spread them around to allow them to cook evenly.
5. Place the dish in the oven and bakes for approx. 35 – 40 minutes or until they are cooked through and tender. If you are adding Parmesan cheese do so around 10 minutes before the veggies are done cooking so it has time to melt.
6. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with a little more sea salt and pepper, if desired. Serve immediately or allow to cool and serve at room temperature or chilled the next day. They will keep for up to 4 days refrigerated.
No copyright infringement intended. This article was originally published at YL Blog.